Established in 1977, the Canadian Security Association (CANASA) is a national not-for-profit organization dedicated to advancing the security industry. We protect and promote the interests of our members and the safety of all Canadians through education, advocacy, and leadership.
We are a recognized voice of the security industry in Canada and have a growing membership of more than 1300 member organizations in 10 Chapters and Sub-Chapters across the country representing all segments of the industry.
We support our members through a comprehensive network of services, including:
- high quality security education;
- leading industry trade shows;
- government relations and advocacy work;
- marketing and communications; and
- the latest industry information and news.
CANASA advocates, educates, and provides leadership to our members in a self-regulated environment of Canadian security professionals.
CANASA will be the recognized voice of security in Canada.
The professional conduct of CANASA and its members is aligned with the following values:
- Continuous improvement
- Open and honest communication
- Members shall always be aware of the trust placed in them by their customers and will not misrepresent their ability, experience, credentials or reputation to existing clients and prospective clients.
- Members shall maintain a professional attitude towards all clients, competitive companies, suppliers, individuals and employees. Members shall also respect the reputation and practices of other members.
- Members will expose, without hesitation, any unethical conduct of members in the industry by reporting said conduct, in writing, to the Executive Director of the Association.